September 12, 2016

Snack Attack: Part I

There are times when you are on a roll with healthy-eating, and you could easily stroll past the packaged snacks section of the grocery aisle without a second thought. Then there are times when you just have to have something crunchy munchy, and such times, my friends, are when you need to make as wise of a decision as you can make. 

Which brings me to put the spotlight on these particular chips that the bf picked up from the nearby MOM's Organic Market: JalapeƱo Lime Tortilla Chips from a company called Late July Snacks. Of course I looked it up out of curiosity and this company takes pride in making all their chips kosher and gluten-free, in addition to using Non-GMO whole ground yellow corn. This particular flavor is, in fact, vegan, and some of the other flavors that are also labelled vegan are Sriracha Fresca and Bacon Habanero (despite the name, the ingredients don't list anything actually bacon, just natural smoke flavor, paprika and spices).




I'd say these chips are a good healthier(?) alternative when your snacking pangs hit. They are definitely lighter but still have enough of the crisp factor to satisfy your munchy cravings. In terms of taste, the flavoring is pleasantly zesty but not overly salty, and it's safe to say that your fingers won't get thickly coated with artificial powders like you would if you ate Doritos (no offense to Doritos, just stating it the way it is). The bf and I ate these straight out of the bag by itself, but I could see this being good with a salsa to dip in too. Definitely will have to pick up a jar along with a bag of these next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I would love to hear your thoughts :)