September 12, 2016

Snack Attack: Part II

Onwards to another round of snacking (I promise, after this I will actually make a post about something healthy)!

Since there aren't too many snacks out there that are labelled "vegan" and made easy for us to find, there is often the need to flip the bag and look at the ingredients list on the back. For most snacks, you can discern on the spot whether they might have milk or honey ingredients in them, but there are certain words like "casein", "lactose", "collagen", "keratin", and "gelatin" that don't immediately stand out to the untrained eye. That being said, I was passing through the aisles of the Target Express store that's in our area and came upon this...
Pumpkin Spice Oreos!!!
Get in my bellyyy


It seems like I might be late in this game of trying all the different flavored Oreos out there, but once I learned that Oreos are one of the few accidentally vegan snacks out there (as in, it's not advertised as a vegan product, but it is actually vegan, because there isn't anything animal-derived in the ingredients), I can't help but see a whole new world around me of so many Oreos to try! I was especially excited about this Pumpkin Spice seasonal edition because A) I am always open to trying new things, and B) it's just another sign that fall is right around the corner!


So upon opening the bag, these golden sandwich cookies in all their glory, give off such a warm, welcoming smell of autumn. Then, the second you bite into the cookie, you get a wonderful mix of cinnamon-y, nutmeg-y, pumpkin-ish goodness! Not surprisingly, none of these are actually listed in the ingredients, but who cares?! Just having a taste of this cookie makes you imagine the leaves turning red, orange, and yellow, and you can feel those leaves crunching under your feet with sweater weather bringing about the cool autumn air, and the excitement of Halloween and Thanksgiving coming around, sips of apple cider, I could basically go on, and on, and on... you get the picture.

All in all, I really enjoyed these-- maybe a little too much, considering Oreos are definitely not the healthiest of foods out there and two of these guys are a whopping 150 calories (so you can imagine how it can add up if you blow through a whole row without thinking)! But hey, what's an occasional treat if it's isn't slightly on the junky side, right? ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I would love to hear your thoughts :)