September 14, 2016

Favorite Facial Cleanser

Taking a break from food to talk about another interest of mine (other than food): skincare! More specifically, about a really nice cleanser that I've been using recently.

The brand is called Pacifica and it's a cruelty-free, 100% vegan brand-- check out their site here to see their entire line of products, ranging from makeup to skincare to fragrances!

This particular cleanser that I've started using is the Sea Foam Complete Face Wash, and the lovely and sweet coconut smell is enough to make washing my face feel more like a treat than a chore. If you're not a fan of anything coconut (apparently some people get nauseous even just with the scent), then I'd say maybe this isn't for you, but the cleanser itself certainly gets the job done of removing the makeup/surface toxins on your face. In terms of ingredients, it's got all the good stuff: marine extracts (hence the name "Sea Foam"), coconut water, papaya extract, and sea algae extract, all of which work to soften, brighten, and balance the skin's moisture content.
They smell so good... I'm in love with their design too!


I decided to give the Sea Foam cleanser a try after finally finishing up the Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash (empty tube pictured on the left), which was also great and made me think of fresh floral greens whenever I used it. I have to say though, since this one is specifically made to help address oil/acne issues, I found my face feeling quite taut/dehydrated while using it (I have dry skin so this probably wasn't the right fit for me). Strong products on dry skin = tightness and flaking due to the skin being stripped of it's natural oils. So! I am definitely enjoying the Sea Foam cleanser a lot better since it does well in the moisturizing department.


Both cleansers have similar consistency: it pours out like a fluid gel, but be careful, you don't have to squeeze too hard! Otherwise, you're going to end up with a big pool of it in your hand, and it makes me so sad to waste a product (admittedly, there are far worse things that can happen in life to actually make you sad, but you know). The fluid gel lathers into a light foam and I will repeat again: it smells oh-so-dreamy! Added bonus is that there are no harsh chemicals like parabens/sulfates, or any animal ingredients, and no animal testing done either. Also, you don't need a whole lot; about a nickel-size drop will do, maybe quarter-size at most if you're wearing a lot on your face on a particular day. As a result, one tube will last you quite a while, I think I've used the Kale Detox one for roughly 3-4 months at least. It's also convenient that everyone's favorite place, Target, also carries these cleansers for $10, along with a few other Pacifica products. Unfortunately, those "few other Pacifica products" don't include the Sea Change Future Youth Serum, so I've had to order that separately (still in waiting for it in the mail), but I will share about that separately in a later post.

I'm actually proud to say that for a girl, I'm pretty minimal with the amount of products that I buy/use for both skincare and makeup. This is because I firmly believe (and there's also proven studies to show) that your skin directly reflects what you're putting into your body. So no matter how many expensive anti-aging creams, foundations, and other manufactured goods you put on your face, if you're eating bad food that's greasy, fried, and loaded with preservatives and chemicals, those $200 purchases at Sephora ain't gonna help you much. Do good to yourself by maintaining a well-balanced and nutrient-rich diet, and all these cosmetic products will come to be secondary supplements. My supplemental items are just very basic staples, and a good cleanser is definitely an essential part. I'll reveal what consists of my basic beauty stash one by one, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note! I would love to hear your thoughts :)